Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Homemade Donuts (Sort of!)

So I've been MIA lately, but I wanted to share the fun we have had making donuts!
The first time I made them was for St. Patricks Day (The green ones). The girls loved them, so we've made them a few times since.
They are super easy!
All you need is some pancake mix and water and oil to cook them in.
I used Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix.
I added the water, but not the amount it says. I only added enough to make it doughy. (Adding more or less water changes the texture of them when they are done, so play with it to find what you like best!) Then I dropped it by the spoonful into hot oil, and let it cook on one side, then flip it over and cook on the other side. Then add frosting (powdered sugar and milk is what I used), or cinnamon and sugar, or something else you might like. It's fun to try new ways to make them!

These are the St.Patricks Day ones. For these, I made the dough, then mixed in the food coloring, which made them swirl on the inside (which was a fun effect for the kids!). Then I dyed the powdered sugar and milk green and dipped them in.


These ones were just for fun. This time I dyed the water red before mixing the water and pancake mix, so they turned out pink. (Next time I will make them brighter though) Then when they were done, I rolled them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.

The kids love these, and I love how easy they are! Have fun with them and try new ways to make them.

I'm linked to Whatever goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts

1 comment:

  1. Yummy...yummy...yummy! I think these could be very dangerous. I love that yo dyed the water to get that color. My kids would love this. Thanks for stopping by 504 main today. I am a new follower here!

    ReplyDelete